Tuesday 1 October 2013

Steampunk necklaces

Between there not being many steampunk related items in South Africa and the price of importing, I tend to make my own steampunk items. Here's how I make cheap steampunk necklaces.


Here are the supplies I use:
From top left: an old watch, rhinestones, butterfly sequins, and assorted beads


Measure the size of the watch you want to use and find a picture that fits, or that you can resize. Print out three or four copies and cut out the levels of the image and stick them together using thick double-sided tape to give them some depth, then decorate as you like.

 
I attached some wire to create a loop to attach a chain. You can add whatever you like here. In the previous necklace I used keyrings because it was all I had on hand. And you've got a quick, cheap necklace to add to a steampunk outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment